Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Taught me something.

I've always been a fearful person, with fear just hiding at the corners of my being.  Ever sine I met him, my traveler, I've been pushing myself.  He used to always say if "it doesn't challenge you it doesn't change you".  Of course he is right, and ever since he brought color, passion, adventure, and "you're only as old as you act" into my life, it has been about facing my fears.  I've been pushing my boundaries more because the influence he had on me set fire to the adventurous desire already in my heart.  Today I am buying my motorcycle and driving it six miles home.  I've never driven outside of a parking lot yet, so I am afraid.  I'm excited about it too though, and I'm starting to learn how much fun fear can be once you overcome it. 

Like when he took me jet skiing and I bit my lip so he wouldn't see how afraid I was, then it turned out being a wonderful adrenaline rush with wind and water and sunlight, all accompanied by laughter.  This year my goal is to start living fully.  In April I'm going to a meditation course in Colorado, in May I'm volunteering with my friend at an animal sanctuary, I will also be skydiving in May.  Come June I will go cliff jumping, and promptly after that I will be picking up mine and Jack's life and moving to Argentina.  Hopefully at some point within the next two years I will also find  a means of going bungee jumping, and hot air ballooning. 

    I hear that I am crazy fairly frequently, &maybe I am.  Life begins at the end of your comfort zone though and I'm glad to have started my life while still being young.  Don't take life so seriously, no one gets out alive.  I'd rather have a rad death than choke on a peanut after a dull and boring life.


No comments:

Post a Comment